CraftOS-PC Accelerated is a fork of CraftOS-PC that replaces the standard Lua interpreter with the LuaJIT interpreter. LuaJIT is a special implementation of Lua that compiles Lua scripts directly to machine code, rather than to Lua bytecode. This allows it to run up to 500% faster than standard CraftOS-PC in some scenarios. However, there are various differences in LuaJIT that break compatibility with ComputerCraft. If a program is not functioning correctly in CraftOS-PC Accelerated, please use it in standard CraftOS-PC instead.
- Much faster than standard CraftOS-PC
- Support for calling C from Lua via the
- Includes some Lua 5.2 features not previously available
- More likely for bugs to exist
- May use more memory
- Compatibility is not guaranteed